Lawmakers fired back at the governor over statements he made, both with legislative action and words of their own.
The latest: Russia's invasion of Ukraine
Get the latest local news in your inbox every weekday.
Muscogee preacher Jimmy Anderson has served Many Springs Baptist Church in Holdenville, Okla. for decades. Watch our short documentary on him, as he is set to retire.
Residents of the city's north side were concerned that Cherokee Nation wanted to build a jail on the proposed site for a satellite courthouse.
This isn't the first time the NRA has held its convention days after a nearby mass shooting. Some politicians and musicians are dropping out, and gun control advocates are preparing protests.
Local headlines for Friday, May 27, 2022
Here is the newest music on The Spy for May 27th. This week features new music from John Moreland, Haiku Hands, Ezra Furman and more.
Law enforcement is still investigating the shooting at Robb Elementary School. But accounts from officials have offered a confusing look at the timeline of Tuesday's shooting.
Thanks to at-home testing, official reports are missing a lot of the COVID cases circulating now. Is the U.S. in the midst of an invisible surge? Here's how to assess the situation where you live.
Joe Garcia had dropped off flowers at his wife's memorial on Thursday, The New York Times reported. He "pretty much just fell over" after returning home and died of a heart attack, his nephew said.
On Thursday afternoon, Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt announced a line item veto of the state budget.
School safety experts have coalesced around a handful of important measures communities and politicians can take to protect students.
Abortion is effectively banned in Oklahoma after Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt Wednesday signed a bill prohibiting the procedure in all but a few cases.
At Home, At Work, In Your Car, On Your Computer, On Your Smart Speaker, On Your Phone, On Your TV...
Latest News on Coronavirus
- A new report blames Boris Johnson for allowing parties during COVID lockdown
- What's ailing long COVID patients? A new federal study looks for clues
- If Pfizer's data pans out, when will little kids get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- CDC advisers urge Pfizer booster for children ages 5 to 11
- Substitute shortage persisted even after Oklahoma school closures slowed down
This Week In Oklahoma Politics
- COVID special session, Swadley's Bar-B-Q hearings, Ryan Walters textbooks and more
- New York Times journalist Jonathan Martin to discuss new book 'This Will Not Pass' in OKC, Tulsa
- Gubernatorial veto, Swadley's investigation, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library and more
- Swadley's Bar-B-Q scandal, another anti-abortion law, recreational marijuana petition and more
Get the latest local news and much more in your inbox every week.
- New Mix: Tiny Desk Contest winner Alisa Amador, SOAK, Jens Lekman, more
- Jason Scott & the High Heat: A former Pentecostal worship pastor puts spin on traditional sounds
- Garth Brooks' fans in Louisiana cause a small earthquake
- After a two-year pandemic hiatus, Norman Music Festival makes its triumphant return