Updated at 7 p.m. ET Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, has picked Sen. Kamala Harris of California as his running mate. The selection will make Harris the third woman and first Black and first Asian American candidate to be nominated for vice president by a major political party. "These aren't normal times," Biden said in an email to supporters Tuesday afternoon, referencing the coronavirus pandemic and calls for racial justice. "I need someone...
- Tulsa State Fair Cancelled Due To COVID-19 Concerns
- 'We Can't Stand It Anymore': Bolivian Protesters Demand Quick Elections
- The Big Ten, Pac-12 Postpone Football, Other Fall Sports Over Coronavirus Concerns
- Las Vegas Casinos Are Open At 50% Capacity. What About Las Vegas Hospitals?
- Contact Tracers In Massachusetts Order Milk And Help With Rent. Here's Why
Latest News From NPR
- North Korea Makes A Push To Reach Foreign Audiences On YouTube And Twitter
- Netflix Is Letting Some People Speed Up Playback. That's A Big Deal For Blind Fans
- Coronavirus World Map: Tracking The Spread Of The Outbreak
- Tracking The Pandemic: Are Coronavirus Cases Rising Or Falling In Your State?
- 'Lots Of Destruction, But This Is The Future': Photos Inside The Homes Of Beirut
At least 97,000 children tested positive for the coronavirus during the last two weeks of July, according to a new review of state-level data by the American Academy of Pediatrics and Children's Hospital Association. The increase represents a 40% surge in the nation's cumulative total of child cases. "I think it's showing that, yes, kids can get infected and can spread the infection," said Dr. Sean O'Leary, a pediatric infectious disease specialist at Children's Hospital Colorado and vice...
- Trying To Fund, And Found, A Venue For 'Radical Freedom Of Expression' In Minneapolis
- During A Lonely New York Summer, Lincoln Center Brings Music To Essential Workers
- Víkingur Ólafsson: Tiny Desk (Home) Concert
- Trini Lopez, 'If I Had A Hammer' Singer, Dies Of COVID-19 Complications At 83
- One Direction Joins List Of Bands With Multiple No. 1 Records From Members