Updated at 8:37 p.m. President-elect Joe Biden outlined his plans for economic relief from the coronavirus crisis on Thursday, citing the need for a more robust vaccination plan as well as for additional direct payments to American families to help recover the U.S. economy. His plan, called the American Rescue Plan, is expected to cost $1.9 trillion. The package includes $1,400 direct stimulus checks, which would supplement the $600 checks Congress passed late last year. Biden also proposes...
Last Updated on January 15, 2021 10:46 a.m . The coronavirus vaccine has made it to Oklahoma. Federal regulators signed off on emergency approval of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine on December 11th and the Moderna vaccine on December 18th. Now, the state will carry out the plan officials have been drafting for months.
Tri-City Collective, KOSU and Tulsa Artist Fellowship are excited to announce the relaunch of the Focus: Black Oklahoma radio show and podcast, following a hiatus in production caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Latest News From NPR
- HHS Civil Rights Office Tackles Health Care Discrimination Of People With Disabilities
- Argentina Takes A Shot With Russia's Sputnik Vaccine
- VIDEO: Face It! You're Bad At Judging Physical Distance. Here's How To Do It
- Coronavirus FAQ: Do Airplane Passengers Not Know There's A Pandemic Going On?
- 'All Hands On Deck': National Mall Is Closed As Agencies Fortify D.C.