A couple of hundred people rallied in support of Medicaid expansion at the state capitol on April 24. The rally was organized by a coalition of groups called Together Oklahoma, with the goal of pressuring state lawmakers to pass a bill expanding Medicaid in some form this legislative session. Supporters were bused in from Tulsa, Norman, Ardmore, McAlester, and Lawton. Medicaid is a government health insurance program that provides coverage to low-income people and families, including children...
Norman Music Festival starts on Thursday and it's time to start planning your schedule for each day of the fest! Every day of this free festival has so many great artists I'm sure you want to see them all like we do. Unfortunately it's not possible to see every single act, but here are our opinions on the ten acts that are absolute must-sees at Norman Music Festival this year.
Latest News From NPR
- New Mexico County Declares Local Emergency Over Abandoned Border Patrol Checkpoints
- Boston Celtics Great And Hall Of Famer John Havlicek Dies At 79
- Activists And Suicide Prevention Groups Seek Bans On Conversion Therapy For Minors
- Russian Agent Maria Butina To Be Sentenced In Federal Court On Friday
- Economy Probably Rebounded In First Quarter, Thanks To Strong Spending
A bill allowing optometrists to practice in big-box stores like Walmart is quietly making its way through the state legislature. It may look familiar to Oklahoma voters, who defeated a similar state question last fall. Oklahoma and Rhode Island are currently the only two states that ban the sale of glasses and contacts outside of non-medical settings and bar optometrists from setting up shop in large retail stores. Senate Bill 100 would lift that ban, allowing chains like Walmart and Target...