Put on your ribbon skirts and get ready to shop. Oklahoma's own First Americans Museum will have over 50 artists selling items ranging from handmade neckties to baskets to makeup products for those on your holiday shopping list.
The latest: 2022 Elections
Get the latest local news in your inbox every weekday.
The latest: extremism and misinformation
Local headlines for Friday, December 2, 2022
The U.S. is enduring its worst poultry health disaster, with some 52.7 million birds dead. Unlike another recent outbreaks, this one has lasted through the summer — and it's still going strong.
A new report from the USDA shows that rural areas are continuing to see growth among people over 65 while the working age population continues to decline.
An Oklahoma lawmaker has filed a bill to lower the age to carry and purchase a handgun to 18.
Local headlines for Thursday, December 1, 2022
Communities in Tulsa that struggle with food security will soon see more fruits and veggies.
OSU professor Dr. Richard Frohock speaks about the impact pirates had on 18th Century literature.
This episode of Focus: Black Oklahoma features reports on a Tulsa company supporting political candidates who push misinformation, a museum exhibit exploring the history of Cherokee Freedmen and the rural beginnings of DJ LiTEBRiTE.
Oklahoma ranks fifth in the nation for deaths due to diabetes, and Native people are three times as likely to be diagnosed with the disease than their non-Native peers. One woman in Oklahoma City is determined not to let the disease get in the way of her activism.
Local headlines for Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Jeffries will replace Rep. Nancy Pelosi as the top elected Democratic leader. He represents a generational shift and faces challenges in a GOP House in January.
From deadly wildfires to choking dust storms to decimated crop harvests, this year’s drought has left its mark across the country. For the hardest hit areas, such as the Great Plains, recovering from the far-reaching impacts of this historically dry year won’t be easy.
At Home, At Work, In Your Car, On Your Computer, On Your Smart Speaker, On Your Phone, On Your TV...
Latest News on Coronavirus
- Twitter will no longer enforce its COVID misinformation policy
- China should end its anti-COVID lockdowns, the head of the IMF says
- China's lockdown protests and rising COVID leave Xi Jinping with '2 bad options'
- How a deadly fire in Xinjiang prompted protests unseen in China in three decades
- Even without a mandate, masks are the norm in Mexico City
This Week In Oklahoma Politics
- Low voter turnout, straight party voting, Baptists oppose recreational marijuana and more
- Gov. Stitt reelected, Walters becomes Superintendent, Behenna wins Oklahoma County DA race and more
- Oklahoma Elections: Governor, State Superintendent, Oklahoma County DA and more
- Tribal gaming compacts, State Superintendent debate, remembering Jim Halligan and more
Get the latest local news and much more in your inbox every week.