Donate $15 a month and get the KOSU sunset t-shirt as a thank-you gift!
The U.S. Supreme Court has overturned the constitutional right to an abortion, reversing Roe v. Wade, the court's five-decade-old decision that guaranteed a woman's right to obtain an abortion.
The latest: Jan. 6 committee hearings
Get the latest local news in your inbox every weekday.
The latest: 2022 Elections
President Joe Biden noted that this is the first time the court has revoked a constitutional right. Now that Roe has been overturned, "the health and life of women in this nation are now at risk."
With the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade, abortion bans in many states are starting to kick in. Here are the states with laws with abortion bans and restrictions in place.
Local headlines for Friday, June 24, 2022
The House approved the bipartisan bill 234-193 exactly one month after a mass shooting in Uvalde, Texas. It's the first gun control measure to come out of Congress in nearly three decades.
The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot is holding public hearings on what it has learned so far. Thursday's will be the fifth.
"I saw that the lifeguards were not jumping into the water because they were paralyzed," Team USA coach Andrea Fuentes said. Luckily for athlete Anita Alvarez, Fuentes is an Olympic swimmer.
For years before the Saint Francis shooting, health workers have experienced on-the-job violence at alarming ratesA nationwide survey of nurses found 44 percent of health workers experienced physical abuse on the job in early 2020.
Interior Secretary Deb Haaland and tribal leaders are advocating for a congressional commission to examine the impacts of the federal Native American forced-assimilation policy.
Local headlines for Thursday, June 23, 2022
Fifty years ago, Title IX banned discrimination based on sex in educational institutions. College sports had to change. This is the story of how four women fought to make that happen.
In its fifth hearing, the select committee investigating the insurrection will outline Trump's pressure on Department of Justice officials to overturn the 2020 election in his favor.
The disaster inflicted by the quake heaps more misery on a country where millions face increasing hunger and poverty and the health system has been crumbling since the Taliban retook power last year.
At Home, At Work, In Your Car, On Your Computer, On Your Smart Speaker, On Your Phone, On Your TV...
Latest News on Coronavirus
- COVID vaccines are finally here for young kids. But the logistics aren't easy
- For many dads, the COVID pandemic brought new perspectives on fatherhood
- CDC clears the way for vaccinations for children 6 months to 5 years old
- The FDA authorizes COVID-19 shots for infants and preschoolers
- Omicron poses about half the risk of long COVID as delta, new research finds
This Week In Oklahoma Politics
- The race to replace Inhofe, special session, Oklahoma flags and more
- Stitt pulls election ads, executions declared constitutional, gun laws and more
- Tulsa mass shooting, budget vetoes and overrides, medical marijuana moratorium and more
- New abortion poll, unemployment benefits, state tourism scandal and more
Get the latest local news and much more in your inbox every week.