Two years ago, the Oklahoma State Board of Education for the first time exercised its authority to approve a rural charter school. The decision was contentious. A local school board had already denied the charter’s application twice, saying it was incomplete and there wasn’t enough support for the school. The State Board overturned the local board’s decision, which left some wondering who’s really in control of their community. That charter school — The Academy of Seminole — has now been open...
Each week The Spy adds new music to its rotation, here are the adds for this week. It includes new releases from Cage The Elephant, LCD Soundsystem, White Denim, and more. Check out the adds below and be sure to tune into The Spy for more! Cage the Elephant "Ready to Let Go" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhEdQUrfZ5I LCD Soundsystem "Seconds" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkj83iwRmNk White Denim "Shanalala" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WffATcSKUQE Bayonne "Drastic Measures" https://www...
A new report from the Oklahoma State Department of Education shows 30,000 teachers have left the profession over the past six years. The report seeks to explain what’s driving the state’s persistent teacher shortage while offering the agency’s recommendations on how to stem it. The report suggests compensation is a key factor in recruiting and retaining teachers. But two thirds of surveyed teachers who recently quit, say it’s going to take more than a raise to get them to return to the...
Latest News From NPR
- Karl Lagerfeld Dies; A High Priest Of High Fashion
- Sailor In Iconic WWII Photo Dies
- Bernie Sanders Enters 2020 Presidential Campaign, No Longer An Underdog
- Poll: 6-In-10 Disapprove Of Trump's Declaration Of A National Emergency
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Returns To Supreme Court Bench After Lung Cancer Surgery
Latest News From StateImpact Oklahoma
- Rural Oklahoma Community Still Divided Over Charter School
- Oklahoma Investigators: Sexual Assault Kit Tracking System Will Aid Investigations, Inform Victims
- Winter Storms To Heat Waves, How Better Climate Data Can Make Us More Prepared
- Bills Aim To Add Training On Consent To Patchwork Of Sex Education In Oklahoma Schools
- Decline In Oklahoma School Arts Programs Follows Funding Drop, But Cuts Aren't Equally Felt