Two abortion bills passed out of the House Public Health committee Tuesday. It’s already illegal in Oklahoma to perform an abortion for the purposes of sex selection, but House Bill 1396 takes current law further. It would require a pregnant woman to sign an affidavit swearing she doesn’t know the gender prior to the procedure. Under House Bill 1182 , performing an abortion could cost a physician their license. The bill makes exceptions for medical emergencies that put the woman’s life in...
Every Tuesday, The Spy adds new music to its rotation. Here are the adds for the week of February 19th, 2019. This week includes new releases with some fun and freaky music videos. Trudy & the Romance deliveres a nostalic '50s love story with an additional space monster to lead you through the video. Tacocat's "Grains of Salt" video is filled, almost overflowing with, queens dancing around an art space to the feel-good song. Perfect Son offers a Frankenstein love story of a person...
Two years ago, the Oklahoma State Board of Education for the first time exercised its authority to approve a rural charter school. The decision was contentious. A local school board had already denied the charter’s application twice, saying it was incomplete and there wasn’t enough support for the school. The State Board overturned the local board’s decision, which left some wondering who’s really in control of their community. That charter school — The Academy of Seminole — has now been open...
Latest News From NPR
- Advertisers Abandon YouTube Over Concerns That Pedophiles Lurk In Comments Section
- 7.5 Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Near Ecuador's Border With Peru
- Venezuela's Maduro Orders Closure Of Brazilian Border
- Oakland, Los Angeles And More To Come: Why Teachers Keep Going On Strike
- Here's What May Happen When The Mueller Investigation Is Completed
Latest News From StateImpact Oklahoma
- Rural Oklahoma Community Still Divided Over Charter School
- Oklahoma Investigators: Sexual Assault Kit Tracking System Will Aid Investigations, Inform Victims
- Winter Storms To Heat Waves, How Better Climate Data Can Make Us More Prepared
- Bills Aim To Add Training On Consent To Patchwork Of Sex Education In Oklahoma Schools
- Decline In Oklahoma School Arts Programs Follows Funding Drop, But Cuts Aren't Equally Felt