Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Businesses May Need Food Licenses

Feb 20, 2019

Oklahoma medical marijuana and CBD businesses may need an $850 dollar food license.

Foods infused with CBD or THC, like oils, candy or honey are popular choices at dispensaries. Now the Oklahoma State Department of Health, which runs the state’s medical marijuana program, is reminding businesses that sell or manufacture those products that they need a food license by late April, or risk fines.

Officials at the health agency say they are receiving reports about the sales of infused food that hasn’t been licensed or inspected, which is illegal under state law.

Businesses will need to go through their local county health department and pay an $850 startup cost. More than 945 medical marijuana dispensary licenses have been approved by the state so far.