Seeking To Build Cultural Understanding, International Performance Group Comes To Stillwater
More than 100 young agents of positive social change are in Stillwater this week to share a message of hope. Up with People’s Live On Tour 2018 production features international songs and dances, pop medleys and original songs crafted to inspire audiences.
Chloe Bernier from Switzerland is Up With People’s marketing and promotion coordinator and Janne Vandoorsaer from Belgium is Up With People’s promotions representative. They joined KOSU’s Kelly Burley in the Stillwater studio and the conversation begins with Chloe describing what Up with People is all about.
Vandoorsaer says Up With People is a great opportunity to build cultural understanding through conversation, something she says is missing in today’s dialogue.
“I’m staying with a host family here in Oklahoma and…me and my host dad we might have different opinions on certain things but we’ve had so many interesting discussions about you know how I see the world and how he sees the world. And it doesn’t have to be me telling him you know you need to change your opinion or him telling me what to believe but we’re just opening up conversation about certain topics in the world.”
Private Performance for OSU students, staff and faculty only
- Thursday September 27 at 6:30 p.m.
- Seretean Center of Performing Arts in Stillwater
- Free tickets can be picked up at Campus Life (Student Union) Cubicle #1 across from 211G.
- Saturday September 29 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m.
- Stillwater High School Performing Arts Center
- Buy tickets at upwithpeople.org/stillwater. All ticket proceeds go to OSU student scholarships.