The world is seeing the first-ever image of a black hole Wednesday, as an international team of researchers from the Event Horizon Telescope project released their look at the supermassive black hole at the center of galaxy Messier 87 (M87). The image shows a dark disc "outlined by emission from hot gas swirling around it under the influence of strong gravity near its event horizon," the consortium said. "As an astrophysicist, this is a thrilling day for me," said National Science Foundation...
Every Tuesday, The Spy adds new music to its rotation. Here are the adds for the week of April 9th, 2019. This playlist includes singles from Courtney Barnett, Morrissey, and a track from Foals' latest album. Give the tracks a listen below!
Latest News From NPR
- Greg Craig, Ex-White House Counsel, Expects Charges In Ukraine Case, Lawyers Say
- American Media LLC Plans To Sell 'National Enquirer'
- Treasury Department Will Miss House Committee Deadline To Turn Over Trump Tax Returns
- Military Stores Asked To Stop Showing 'Divisive' News On Their TVs
- New Zealand Passes Law Banning Most Semi-Automatic Weapons
Starting this July, if you sell your car, the license tag stays with you rather than the vehicle. The Oklahoma Tax Commission is implementing the policy , based off Senate Bill 1339 passed last year and signed by then-Governor Mary Fallin. Communications Director Paula Ross says if you sell your car after July 1, 2019, simply remove the tag from the vehicle and take it with you. “Then when you buy a new car or a used car, then you’ll put that tag on the new vehicles," says Ross. "It’s...
- Wrangler On His Booty: Lil Nas X On The Making And The Magic Of 'Old Town Road'
- Station Breaks: The Best New Songs From NPR Music Stations
- Trump Posted A Video With Music From A Batman Movie. Warner Bros. Had It Taken Down
- The Thistle & Shamrock: Song Links
- Steve Earle Pays Tribute To Guy Clark, His Songwriting Hero