Dustin Misener started using drugs in his early teens growing up in rural Oklahoma. By his 30s, he was battling an addiction to methamphetamine and had racked up multiple drug-related convictions in Oklahoma. “I was just getting out there pretty bad,” Misener said. Misener, 32, is a U.S. Army veteran. Now he works cutting grass and setting up stage equipment for concerts. His hands are lined and calloused from a life of hard work. When a nonprofit program in Oklahoma City called Firstep...
Updated at 9:47 a.m. ET Each new dawn seems to bring a major new headline in the Russia investigation, including a number of important courtroom developments this month. Here's what you need to know about what has happened so far this week in this often complex and fast-moving saga. Michael Cohen is going to prison, but he says he isn't finished yet President Trump's former personal lawyer was sentenced to three years in federal prison on Wednesday following guilty pleas to a number of crimes...
Copyright 2018 Fresh Air. To see more, visit Fresh Air . TERRY GROSS, HOST: This is FRESH AIR. I'm Terry Gross. After pledging to never make an album of Christmas songs, my guest, roots and rockabilly musician JD McPherson, has broken that promise. And I'm really glad he did. His new album "Socks" features his original holiday songs, and they're really fun. McPherson and his band came to our studio last week with their instruments to play some of those new Christmas songs and talk about music...
Latest News From NPR
- Man Who Sexually Assaulted Woman On Plane Sentenced To 9 Years In Prison
- A Trans Man Steps Into The Ring – And Wins His Debut As A Professional Boxer
- Yum and Yuck: The Psychology Of What We Eat...And What We Spit Out
- 'An Indescribable Feeling': Virgin Galactic Makes Historic Trip To Edge Of Space
- Suspected Strasbourg Shooter Killed By Police, French Authorities Say
Latest News From StateImpact Oklahoma
- Working For Sobriety: Oklahoma Recovery Program Took Some Clients' Disability Pay
- The Surprising Design Of A New Tulsa Park, Where Kids Learn By Escaping Adults And Facing Obstacles
- The Cost Of Prosecution: DA Says Defendants Pay Too Much Of Oklahoma's Criminal Justice Tab
- Dental Care Often Ignored In Nursing Homes
- 'Educator Caucus' Falls Short Of Election Goals, But Vows To Keep Pushing For More School Funding