In a split-screen whiplash, a regular Tuesday turned into a blockbuster, with two top people close to President Trump now facing prison. First, it was Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, found guilty of tax evasion and bank fraud by a jury in Virginia. Minutes later, in New York, it was Trump's longtime former lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen, pleading guilty to tax evasion, falsifying submissions to a bank and campaign finance violations. The kicker was that Cohen said he made...
The StoryCorps mobile booth was in Oklahoma City in early 2018, and we're bringing you some of the stories that were recorded here. Locally recorded stories will air Wednesdays during Morning Edition and All Things Considered on KOSU. Yvonne Munoz was angry when she arrived at ReMerge, a prison diversion program for women and mothers. She felt like the world had it out for her. But after she graduated the program, she realized she had something specific to give back: leadership from her own...
Latest News From NPR
- LA Approves $1.9 Million Settlement To Family Of Homeless Man Killed By LAPD
- 3 North Carolina Confederate Monuments Will Stay In Place, Commission Decides
- Mexican City Decriminalizes Public Sex — To Stop Police Extortion
- German Authorities Detain Suspected Terrorist For Plotting Attack
- Republicans Stick With Trump Despite Major Legal Trouble For Ex-Top Aides
Oklahoma’s State Board of Education is set to approve a record-breaking number of emergency teaching certifications at its meeting Thursday, a strong indication a statewide teacher shortage is still growing. Oklahoma school districts requested more than 900 emergency teaching certifications in August alone. Board members are expected to approve the requests, officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Education told StateImpact, bringing the total number of emergency certified teachers...
- 'A Tone Of Melancholy': How Jocelyn Pook's Music Captures Pain
- Femi Kuti, Brian Eno And 86 Others Sign Letter Supporting Ugandan Opposition Leader
- Opera Singer David Daniels Accused Of Rape
- Spike Lee Gives Prince's 'Mary Don't You Weep' The Video Treatment
- Bas And J. Cole Celebrate Good Fortune In 'Tribe'